– A twinning agreement between the commune of Dakhla and the municipality of Great Neck in the State of New York (United States) was signed, Tuesday, with the aim of strengthening bilateral relations of cooperation in the economic, cultural and tourism fields. Falling within the framework of decentralized cooperation between Morocco and the United States, this agreement was inked by the President of the Communal Council of Dakhla, Erragheb Hormatallah and the Mayor of Great Neck, Pedram Bral, in the presence of elected officials and US businessmen. According to both parties, this agreement opens promising prospects for the consolidation of partnership ties in various sectors, including tourism, environment, culture, arts and education, in addition to sharing expertise and strengthening exchanges. This agreement will offer the pearl of the South an international influence and partnership opportunities that can contribute positively to its socio-economic development. In a statement to M24, the continuous news channel of MAP, the mayor of Great Neck, Pedram Bral, expressed his willingness to establish friendly and mutually beneficial relations with the city of Dakhla in all sectors of common interest. Bral said that this agreement is likely to promote the destination Dakhla in Great Neck, expressing the wish to further consolidate bilateral relations, through the exchange of visits of delegations from both countries. For his part, Hormatallah stressed that this agreement, which comes after the decision of Washington to recognize the sovereignty of Morocco over its Sahara, aims to deepen bilateral cooperation in various fields. In this context, he recalled that Morocco and the United States are bound by a strong and solid partnership, in the sense that the Kingdom was the first country to recognize the United States of America in 1777. He also emphasized the dynamism that the Dakhla-Oued Eddahab region is experiencing, under the enlightened leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, and which predisposes it to become a regional and continental economic hub, through a series of flagship projects. Eric Lalo, American investor and member of the delegation, said that the purpose of this visit is to establish a real alliance with Dakhla, saying he was “very impressed” by the development efforts in the region.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla