The Head of Government, Aziz Akhannouch, held talks in Washington with Ambassador Katherine Tai, US Trade Representative. This meeting, which took place in the presence of the Minister of Economy and Finance, Nadia Fettah Alaoui, comes within the framework of the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit, which is held on December 13-15 in the U.S. federal capital and in which Akhannouch represents HM King Mohammed VI. During this meeting, Akhannouch commended the exemplary relationship between the United States and Morocco, driven by the enlightened vision of His Majesty King Mohammed VI. For her part, Tai said that the United States is “very proud” of the free trade agreement signed in 2006 with Morocco, stressing the importance of continuing to advance this partnership in light of new global challenges, including decarbonization of economies and digitalization. The U.S. official also considered fundamental that free trade agreements benefit primarily to workers and people. On the same occasion, both parties presented the challenges and opportunities for developing the partnership to continuously improve the free trade agreement. They agreed on the importance of maintaining contact at the level of the two governments to deepen each of the issues raised during this meeting. Akhannouch also met with Meta’s President of International Affairs, Nick Clegg, and the CEO of the U.S. company Visa. The U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit brings together representatives from nearly 50 countries, civil society, and the private sector on the African continent, in addition to officials from the U.S. Administration and the African Union Commission. Participants in the three-day event are discussing issues ranging from the HIV/AIDS pandemic to climate change, democracy, governance, security, trade, investment, and partnership development between African countries and the United States.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –