Speaker of the House of Advisors, Enaam Mayara, met on Monday in Rabat, with president of the Mauritanian National Assembly, Sheikh Ahmed Baya. This meeting was an opportunity for both parties to review the bonds of ancestral brotherhood, solid historical relations and distinguished feelings linking the two countries and the two Moroccan and Mauritanian peoples, said a statement by the House of Advisors. The two officials also discussed the strong momentum that marks the bilateral relations in all areas, driven by the Heads of State of the two brotherly countries, HM King Mohammed VI and Mauritanian president Mohamed Ould Cheikh El Ghazouani. According to the statement, Mayara and Baya noted the importance of the role of parliaments of the two countries in strengthening and consolidating relations of fruitful and constructive cooperation, in the service of common interests, as well as to broaden the horizons of this cooperation in order to establish a comprehensive partnership, promising and exemplary in the region, commensurate with the ambitions of the two countries and the two peoples. The two parties agreed, in this context, to implement the content of the memorandum of understanding, signed July 18, 2022 in Nouakchott by the speaker of the House of Advisors and the president of the Mauritanian National Assembly, in particular Article 2 of this agreement on the organization of the “Moroccan-Mauritanian parliamentary economic forum”, to be held next year in the Mauritanian capital. This memorandum of understanding was signed during the visit made to Mauritania by Mayara (July 15-19), leading a high-level parliamentary delegation, at the invitation of the president of the Mauritanian National Assembly.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –