Relations between Spain and Morocco are advancing on “stronger and more solid” bases, said King Felipe VI of Spain. “With Morocco, we have started a new stage that allows us to move forward on a stronger and more solid basis”, thanks to the roadmap adopted last April, on the occasion of the visit of president of the Spanish government, Pedro Sanchez, to Morocco, at the invitation of HM King Mohammed VI, stressed King Felipe VI, who closed, Tuesday evening, the 7th Conference of Spanish ambassadors accredited abroad. The Spanish Sovereign stressed that the relations of his country with the countries of the Mediterranean and the Arab world are ”as distinguished as priority in terms of geography, history and culture”, noting that Madrid shares with these countries ”very deep ties, as well as needs and opportunities”. “This region is the basis of our security and prosperity. That is why it is very important to strengthen the interest in the southern neighborhood”, concluded King Felipe VI. On the basis of the new roadmap linking Morocco and Spain, the two countries are committed, among other things, to address issues of common interest in a “spirit of trust and consultation,” while reactivating the working groups established between the two countries to revive bilateral multisectoral cooperation.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid