Nine cooperation agreements covering many areas were signed, Tuesday in Rabat, between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Republic of Cabo Verde, on the occasion of the holding of the second session of the great joint commission, chaired by Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita, and the Cabo Verdean Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and Regional Integration, Rui Alberto de Figueiredo Soares.
Here follows the agreements’ list:
– Agreement for the promotion and protection of reciprocal investments: this agreement aims to strengthen economic cooperation, through creating favorable conditions for the realization of investments by investors of one party in the territory of the other.
– Agreement for the elimination of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income: this agreement is part of the strengthening of economic relations between the two countries and aims to establish the legal basis for the avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion. It applies to persons who are residents of one or both contracting states.
– Agreement on the reciprocal waiver of visas for holders of ordinary passports: the purpose of this agreement is to simplify the formalities relating to the movement of nationals of both countries, affirming that the duration of stay does not exceed 90 days from the date of entry of holders of ordinary passports. However, this formality does not exempt them from the obligation to comply with the laws and regulations in force in the host country concerning the entry, stay and exit of foreigners, as well as the exercise of a lucrative, salaried or liberal activity.
– Memorandum of understanding on commercial cooperation: this memorandum of understanding aims to promote and develop commercial cooperation between the two parties through several areas of cooperation, including the exchange of information on trade regulations, exchange of expertise, participation in forums organized by both parties, etc.
– Framework agreement for cooperation in the field of energy: this agreement aims to establish a framework for cooperation between the two parties in the fields of energy, electricity, new and renewable energy and energy efficiency. This cooperation between the two parties is based on mutual interest, equality and reciprocity, in order to achieve results that could have positive social, economic and environmental impacts for both countries.
– Memorandum of understanding in the fields of housing and sustainable urban development: this memorandum of understanding aims to promote and boost cooperation between the two countries, with a view to developing a mutually beneficial partnership in the fields of housing and urban management and improving sustainable urban development policies, with the aim of strengthening the attractiveness and economic competitiveness of the two countries in this field, through the sharing of expertise and experience, the organization of meetings and seminars and the exchange of work missions for the benefit of officials from both countries.
– Memorandum of understanding in the fields of youth and women’s activities: This memorandum of understanding between the two countries, based on mutual and reciprocal interest, establishes a general framework aiming at developing concrete proposals of programs through annual exchanges of groups of young people to participate in discovery stays, international meetings and artistic festivals organized in each of the two countries, economic and social empowerment of women and girls, socio-educational and socio-professional animation and promotion of female entrepreneurship…etc.
– Agreement-framework of cooperation in the field of vocational training : This agreement aims to set the overall framework of cooperation between the parties in the field of vocational training, by committing to strengthen a cooperation that will focus on several areas, including the reservation of a quota of 60 educational places, spread over a period of 3 years at a rate of 20 places per year, from the start of the year 2023-2024, for the benefit of Cabo Verde’s young trainees, in training in several levels and specialties, training of administrative staff and technical-pedagogical supervision, exchange of experiences …. etc.
– Framework agreement of cooperation relating to the granting of academic scholarships, internships and sharing of expertise: under this agreement, the two parties undertake to further promote their cooperation in the cultural, scientific, technical and socio-economic fields, as well as in sectors where such cooperation would be appropriate, through the exchange of students, the granting of scholarships, the organization of internships and training, exchange of experiences … etc. The Moroccan Agency for International Cooperation (AMCI) provides the Republic of Cabo Verde with an annual quota of 60 scholarships in academic and technical fields.
MAP: 09 mai 2023