Morocco does not participate in any way whatsoever in the conflict in Ukraine, said Monday in Rabat, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita. Speaking at a press briefing after his talks with the Ukrainian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dmytro Kuleba, on a working visit to the Kingdom, Bourita reaffirmed “the importance of the Ukrainian government’s role in the conflict.” Bourita also reaffirmed “the constant position of Morocco on respect for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of countries,” noting that the Kingdom is committed since the beginning of the crisis in Ukraine to give priority to respect for legality and international law and the non-use of force for the settlement of conflicts, as well as encouraging dialogue and respect for relevant UN resolutions. “Morocco is concerned by this war because, first, it undermines regional security and stability, and secondly because of its repercussions and economic consequences on many countries, including the Kingdom,” explained the Minister. “Morocco has good relations with Russia and Ukraine and promotes a peaceful solution to this conflict,” he said. He cited the peace initiative proposed by Ukrainian President Volodymir Zelensky, as well as other contributions, while specifying that they should not deviate from the central objective; that of promoting a peaceful solution to this conflict. Kuleba’s visit to Morocco is the first by a Ukrainian foreign minister since the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries in 1992.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –