Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rachid Talbi Alami, held talks in Rabat on Monday with a high-level Peruvian parliamentary delegation led by president of the Peruvian Congress’ support group for the Moroccan autonomy initiative, Carlos Ernesto Bustamante Donayre. In this context, Bustamante Donayre announced the establishment of a parliamentary group within the Peruvian Congress to support the autonomy plan in the Kingdom’s southern provinces, as “the only realistic political solution to resolve the dispute” over the Moroccan Sahara, adding that this visit is part of the preparation of a report on the autonomy plan to be presented to Congress and the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, according to a statement by the lower house of the Parliament. The Peruvian delegation, on a working visit to the Kingdom, including its southern provinces, emphasized that the autonomy plan presented by Morocco is based on international legality, the statement noted, stressing the importance of showing the position of the Peruvian people on this plan far from any ideological one-upmanship. For his part, Talbi Alami expressed his gratitude to the members of the Peruvian Congress for their support to the autonomy plan. He also reviewed Morocco’s efforts to complete its territorial integrity, highlighting major projects in the southern provinces under the leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid