The Kingdom of Morocco is one of the main actors in the global fight against terrorism, said, on Friday in Tangier, Vladimir Ivanovich Voronkov, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations Office of Counter-terrorism. Voronkov made the statement to the press after talks with Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita, on the sidelines of their participation in the second edition of the High-Level Meeting of Heads of Counter-terrorism and Security Agencies in Africa “Marrakech Platform”, held in Tangier under the co-chairmanship of Morocco and the United Nations Office of Counter-terrorism. In this statement, Voronkov welcomed the “strategic cooperation” between Morocco and the UN Office against Terrorism, noting that this meeting of the “Marrakech Platform” is an opportunity to “discuss practical ways of supporting African member states in a more effective fight against terrorism”. After describing his talks with Bourita as “very fruitful” in terms of “how the two sides can move forward together in the fight against terrorism”, Voronkov expressed his hope for better international coordination in the fight against terrorism.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –