Pursuant to the High Instructions of His Majesty the King, Supreme Commander and Chief of the General Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, FAR and the US Armed Forces organize the 19th edition of the “African Lion” Exercise until June 16, according to a statement by FAR General Staff. At the headquarters of the General Staff of the South Zone in Agadir, an opening ceremony was held on Monday to announce the official launch of this multinational joint exercise, in the presence of representatives of the participating countries, added the same source. On this occasion, the theme of the exercise and the various activities on the program for this 19th edition were presented, including the operational planning exercise for “Task Force” General Staff, tactical land, sea, air and combined day and night exercises, a combined special forces exercise, airborne operations, the military field hospital providing surgical-medical services for the population, and exercises to combat weapons of mass destruction. Scheduled to take place in seven regions of Morocco: Agadir, Tan-Tan, Mehbes, Tiznit, Kenitra, Benguerir and Tifnit, the “African Lion 2023” exercise is an annual event that contributes to consolidating Moroccan-American military cooperation, as well as strengthening exchanges between the armed forces of different countries with a view to promoting security and stability in the region, concluded the statement.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid