Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Expatriates, Nasser Bourita, held, on Thursday in Nairobi, bilateral talks with his Ethiopian and Malawian peers. Bourita, who is leading a large delegation taking part in the 43rd Ordinary Session of the Executive Council of the African Union (AU), discussed with the Ethiopian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Demeke Mekonnen Hassen, ways of developing bilateral relations in various fields. The Moroccan minister also met Malawian Foreign Affairs Minister Nancy Tembo. The two officials reviewed bilateral cooperation ties and examined prospects for strengthening these relations. The talks, attended by Ambassador Mohamed Methqal, Director General of the Moroccan Agency for International Cooperation (AMCI), and Moroccan Ambassador in Nairobi, Abderrazzak Laassel, took place on the sidelines of the 43rd Session of the AU Executive Council, being held in Nairobi from July 13 to 14. This session is devoted in particular to examining the report of the 46th ordinary session of the Permanent Representatives Committee (PRC), as well as the report of the Secretariat of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) on the implementation of the Area and the theme of the year 2023 (Year of the AfCFTA: accelerating the implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area). The meeting also examines the reports of the Executive Council and ad hoc committees, the AU’s partnership strategy and policy framework, as well as issues relating to the environment, climate change and the blue economy, with a particular focus on the challenges and prospects for integration in Africa. The 43rd Session is also an opportunity to examine the matter of AU institutional reform, as well as the concept note and roadmap for the AU’s 2024 theme on education.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –