The government of Senegal has expressed gratitude to the Kingdom of Morocco for its cooperation in the repatriation and the medical treatment of around 50 irregular Senegalese migrants. Annette Seck, minister in charge of Senegalese abroad, acting on President Macky Sall’s instructions, conveyed her gratitude after a visit to Dakhla on Tuesday and Wednesday, said a statement from the Senegalese Foreign Ministry. The mission’s objective was to provide support and assistance to Senegalese nationals who were awaiting repatriation to their home country after attempting emigration, the statement further noted. Fifty injured Senegalese nationals were repatriated on Wednesday evening by a special Senegalese Air Force flight, revealed the same source, stating that the government “thanks the brotherly government of the Kingdom of Morocco for its cooperation in caring for the injured.” This repatriation flight landed at Ouakam military airport on Wednesday evening, carrying a dozen women, children and men in fragile health conditions. The Senegalese government is due to present a strategy to combat irregular emigration on Thursday.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –