The members of the United Nations Security Council hailed, on Wednesday in New York, Morocco’s efforts and its highly appreciated contributions to resolve the crisis in Libya. In a statement adopted unanimously, they “expressed appreciation to the Kingdom of Morocco for hosting the 6+6 Committee in Bouznika from 22 May to 6 June 2023”. This distinction from the executive body of the United Nations is a clear and an unequivocal UN and international recognition of the commendable efforts made by Morocco, in accordance with the High Instructions of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, to support the efforts of the Libyan parties, the United Nations and the international community aimed at finding a definitive solution to the Libyan crisis that guarantees Libya’s national unity, territorial integrity, peace, stability and progress. In the statement, the members of the Security Council reaffirmed their support for the mediation and good offices role of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL), Abdoulaye Bathily, in line with relevant Security Council resolutions, building mainly on the Libyan Political Agreement adopted in Skhirat in 2015 as well as on progress in the 6+6 Committee negotiations aimed at producing viable electoral laws. This high appreciation by the Security Council towards the Kingdom follows those expressed by the spokesperson for the UN Secretary General, the United Nations Mission in Libya (UNSMIL), the African Union and the League of Arab States which had all commended Morocco for hosting the 6+6 Committee and the Kingdom’s credible efforts to help the Libyan parties reach a solution to the conflict in the country.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –