El Salvador reiterated, in New York, its support for Morocco’s efforts to achieve a realistic, pragmatic and lasting political solution to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara. Speaking on Monday before the members of the 4th committee of the United Nations General Assembly, the Ambassador Permanent Representative of El Salvador to the UN, Egriselda Aracely González López, welcomed the Autonomy initiative presented by Morocco, noting that the Security Council deems it as a “viable solution” in its resolutions adopted since 2007. The diplomat also welcomed the efforts made by the Personal Envoy of the UN Secretary-General for the Sahara, Staffan de Mistura, aimed at facilitating the political process carried out under the exclusive aegis of the UN Secretary-General, including his recent visit at the end of last September, as part of preparations for the Security Council’s meeting on the Moroccan Sahara scheduled for the end of October.
- Morocco’s Top Police Chief Speaks with President of Germany’s Federal Criminal Police Office
- Loudyi Receives Romanian Minister of National Defense
- Morocco Calls for Immediate End of Israeli War on Gaza
- Moroccan Presidency to Engage with Credibility and Dynamism to Achieve UNHRC Goals – FM –
- Stéphane Séjourné: France Supports Autonomy Plan, Stresses It Is Time to Move Forward