Ambassador, Director General at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Fouad Yazourh, accompanied by HM the King’s Ambassador to the Maldives, with residence in New Delhi, Mohamed Maliki, represented, Friday in Malè, the Kingdom at the inauguration ceremony of the new President of the Maldives, Mohamed Muizz. On this occasion, Yazourh conveyed HM the King’s greetings and esteem to the Maldivian President, as well as the Sovereign’s wishes of further progress and prosperity for the Maldivian people. The Ambassador, Director General also reiterated to the Maldivian President Morocco’s willingness to strengthen and diversify the relations of friendship and cooperation between the two countries. Morocco and the Maldives share a long-standing historical and spiritual relationship, dating back to the 12th century thanks to the Moroccan traveler and preacher Al Hafiz Abul Barakaat Yousouf Al Barbari, who was behind the Archipelago’s conversion to Islam, and whose tomb is located near the presidential palace in the capital Malé. In his inaugural speech, the new Maldivian president set out his vision of the Maldives of tomorrow, touching on a wide range of issues relating to the country’s development. He expressed his commitment to balanced development, emphasizing the structural and human dimensions, and announced measures to revitalize and promote the country’s economy.
- HM the King Addresses Message to Participants at International Symposium to Mark 75th Anniversary of Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- French Outlet Calls HM the King’s Visit to UAE ‘Powerful Symbol of Unity, Solidarity’
- Morocco Set to Continue Action to Adapt UN Peacekeeping Frameworks – Hilale
- Morocco-UAE: A Future-Oriented Multidimensional Partnership – Tunisian Expert
- Morocco, UAE Lay Foundations for ‘Transcendent Strategic Partnership’ – Argentine Press Agency –