Under Secretary of State Nicholas Burns described the Moroccan autonomy initiative as "Serious and Credible" in a statement issued after a meeting Mr Burns held with Moroccan Delegation in Washington. This first US reaction is encouraging for the Kingdom of Morocco, who presented the Moroccan initiative of autonomy to UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon yesterday morning. The delegation received by M. Burns was composed of Taieb Fassi Fihri, deputy minister of Foreign Affairs, Fouad Ali Himma, Deputy minister of Interior, and Yassine Mansouri, head of Moroccan Intelligence.According to the US statement, the Moroccan initiative could constitue a basis for the settlement of the conflict with the Algeria backed Polisario Front.
- HM the King Gives His High Instructions To Send Emergency Humanitarian Aid for Palestinian Population in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Spanish Political Pundit Lodges Complaint against Man Named Brahim Ghali
- FM Holds Talks with his Liberian Counterpart
- Hosting of So-Called Brahim Ghali, Outrage and Betrayal Undermining Moroccan-Spanish Historical Relations – USFP Official –
- Sao Tome and Principe Reiterates its Support for Moroccanness of the Sahara
African Union Algeria Algiers Antonio Guterres AU autonomy initiative autonomy plan Ban Ki –Moon Brahim Ghali Christopher Ross Consulate General Dakhla DRS EU European Union France Horst Köhler Laayoune Mauritania MINURSO Mohamed Abdelaziz Mohammed VI Moroccan Sahara Morocco Nasser Bourita OLAF Polisario Rabat Rabouni SADR Sahara Sahel Security Council South Africa Spain Terrorism the leader the so-called brahim ghali Tindouf UN UNHCR United Nations United States USA Western Sahara