The Spanish government did not evaluate the consequences of its decision to host the leader of the Polisario separatists, the so-called Brahim Ghali, prosecuted in Spain for crimes of genocide, murder, torture and enforced disappearances, according to Spanish magazine “Atalayar”. “By hosting the leader of the Polisario to receive specialized medical treatment in Spain, the government of Pedro Sanchez risks damaging the anti-terrorist cooperation between Spain and Morocco; which would have dangerous consequences for the security and stability of the country,” says on Tuesday the publication. “Spain cannot afford to sacrifice good relations with its southern neighbor for small electoral or political calculations”, notes Pedro Canales, former correspondent for several Spanish media in the Maghreb. In the current circumstances, the coordination of the fight against terrorism, whether bilateral or multilateral, is of “extreme importance” and even more important than economic, social, cultural or commercial cooperation, “Atalayar” underlines. “Morocco has demonstrated a great capacity in terms of information, investigation and anti-terrorist operations, which was hailed by several countries, including the United States, France and Germany,” concludes the Spanish publication.
- Morocco-UAE Partnership to Become Key Player in Global Economy – Euro-Mediterranean Observatory –
- Government Council Examines Morocco-Portugal Cooperation Agreement on Civil Protection
- Upper House Adopts 2024 Appropriation Bill
- Libyan High Council of State Highly Welcomes Morocco’s Position, Under HM the King’s Leadership, Regarding Libyan Crisis
- Holding Presidential & Legislative Elections in Libya, Key Process to Meet Libyans’ Aspirations – FM –