Morocco has gained over the years a lot of experience in the field of migration, affirmed the Swiss ambassador in Rabat, Guillaume Scheurer, saying that Rabat has a “very generous” hosting policy. “Morocco is a country of destination, transit and departure. It is therefore a key player in this region compared to Europe in general and Switzerland in particular,” said Scheurer in an interview with the M24 channel, on the occasion of the centenary of the Swiss diplomatic presence in the Kingdom. Although there is not yet a framework for cooperation in this area, the two countries have regular exchanges and sectoral collaboration in this area, he noted. “We wish to collaborate, cooperate and exchange with Morocco on the migration issue as a whole, both on social and humanitarian issues and those linked to repatriation issues,” he said. Switzerland, whose first consulate in Morocco was opened in 1921 in Casablanca, is celebrating the centenary of its diplomatic presence in the Kingdom this year. Innovation has been chosen as the main theme for the festivities linked to this centenary.
- Arab Group at UN Commends Sustained Efforts of HM the King in Support of Palestinian Cause
- Model UN: Youth Take on Role of UN Diplomats in Marrakech
- New York: Over 60 Moroccan Youth Participate in ‘Future We Want’ Initiative
- Morocco Follows with Great Concern Serious Deterioration of Situation in Gaza Strip, Calls for Avoiding Further Escalation – Statement –
- Jordanian Media Highlight Development in Morocco’s Southern Provinces