Morocco has gained over the years a lot of experience in the field of migration, affirmed the Swiss ambassador in Rabat, Guillaume Scheurer, saying that Rabat has a “very generous” hosting policy. “Morocco is a country of destination, transit and departure. It is therefore a key player in this region compared to Europe in general and Switzerland in particular,” said Scheurer in an interview with the M24 channel, on the occasion of the centenary of the Swiss diplomatic presence in the Kingdom. Although there is not yet a framework for cooperation in this area, the two countries have regular exchanges and sectoral collaboration in this area, he noted. “We wish to collaborate, cooperate and exchange with Morocco on the migration issue as a whole, both on social and humanitarian issues and those linked to repatriation issues,” he said. Switzerland, whose first consulate in Morocco was opened in 1921 in Casablanca, is celebrating the centenary of its diplomatic presence in the Kingdom this year. Innovation has been chosen as the main theme for the festivities linked to this centenary.
- 8th Meeting of Moroccan-Russian Joint Cooperation Commission to take Place in Moscow
- Parliament: Joint Plenary Session on Monday to Present 2022 Draft Finance Bill
- Moroccan Policy of Non-proliferation Based on Principles Respected by the Kingdom with Constancy – Official –
- Errachidia: 4 Individuals Arrested for Alleged Links with International Drug Trafficking Network
- Moroccan Sahara: Cote d’Ivoire Reaffirms its Support for Autonomy Initiative