Police in the northern city of Tangier arrested, Tuesday, a 30-year-old French national, subject to an international arrest warrant issued by French judicial authorities in a case related to an attempted homicide as part of an organized criminal network. The checking operation of the suspect in the database of the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) revealed that he is also subject to the Interpol’s red notice in a case related to the destruction of criminal evidence and non-reporting of an act constituting a crime, the national police (DGSN) said in a statement. The suspect was taken into custody on the orders of the competent prosecutor’s office, in the framework of the procedures required by the extradition procedure in accordance with national legislation and the relevant international conventions, the same source added. The arrest of this foreign national is part of the effective and efficient involvement of the DGSN in bilateral and multilateral cooperation relations in the security fields, particularly with regard to tracking down internationally wanted persons in cases of transnational crime, the statement concluded.
- Statement by the Royal Office
- Govt. Majority Discuss Political, Economic, Social Situation
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts