The UN expressed, on Saturday, its support for the outcome of the consultative meeting, held on Thursday and Friday in Rabat, between the delegations of the Libyan House of Representatives and the High State Council on the legal framework of the upcoming December 24 elections in Libya. In a statement received by MAP, the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL), which participated in this meeting, welcomed the call of the two delegations on the international community to support the electoral process to be held next December. According to UNSMIL, this call was made to support this electoral process based on agreed laws and on the outcomes of the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum. The UN body said the two parties also urged the international community to ensure compliance with the results of these elections through the provision of international observers to guarantee the proper conduct. It also welcomed the “positive atmosphere” that prevailed at the Rabat consultative meeting. The UN Mission also expressed its thanks to Morocco for hosting the meeting, which aimed to agree on the organization of presidential and legislative elections on December 24, 2021.
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla
- Former Argentine Secretary of State Commends Monarchy’s Role in Preserving Social Cohesion in Morocco
- AU-PSC: Morocco in Favor of Multidimensional Approach in South Sudan
- CORCAS President Meets with Parliamentary Delegation of Venezuela Opposition
- Lower House Speaker, EPP Rapporteur for Morocco Discuss Morocco-Europe Relations’ Prospects