Portuguese deputies members of the Portugal-Morocco friendship group welcomed, Thursday, the good conduct of the legislative and communal elections held last September 8 in Morocco. During a meeting with Moroccan ambassador in Lisbon, Othmane Bahnini in the Assembly of the Portuguese Republic (Parliament), the deputies expressed their appreciation for the smooth conduct of the elections in Morocco, said a statement by the diplomatic representation of the Kingdom in Lisbon. On this occasion, the Portuguese MPs expressed their wish to undertake contacts with their Moroccan counterparts to implement a dynamic cooperation between the parliaments of both countries. Bahnini explained to the members of the Portugal-Morocco friendship group, chaired by MP Luis Leite Ramos, the exemplary conditions of the organization of the legislative and communal elections of September 8, despite the constraints of the COVID 19 pandemic. The elections, he said, were marked by a national voter turnout exceeding 50%, and in some regions of the Kingdom, including several constituencies in the Moroccan Sahara reaching a rate ranging between 70% and 80%.
- Minister Benmoussa Hands Message from HM King Mohammed VI to Botswana President
- Morocco Reaffirms Commitment to Fully Participate in Peace Consolidation in Africa – Diplomat
- Upper House Speaker Says Morocco-ECOWAS Relations Based on Deep Cultural, Spiritual Ties
- HM the King Inaugurates Rabat’s New Bus Station; Fundamental Component in Restructuring Capital’s Southern Entrance
- HM the King Addresses Message to Participants in 17th UNESCO Intergovernmental Committee for Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage