The Union of the Comoros on Thursday reaffirmed its “unwavering and unconditional” support for the Moroccanness of the Sahara and the autonomy plan as the “only solution” to settle the regional dispute over the Sahara, welcoming Spain’s recent “far-sighted” stance on this issue. The Comorian minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, in charge of the Diaspora and Francophonie, Dhoihir Dhoulkamal, reaffirmed “the unwavering and unconditional” support of his country for the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Morocco, for the Moroccanness of the Sahara and the autonomy plan for the Moroccan Sahara as the only solution to this regional dispute, while reiterating his country’s full support for the role played by the United Nations as the exclusive and consensual framework for achieving a realistic, pragmatic and sustainable solution, says the joint communiqué issued at the end of the 1st session of the Morocco-Comoros joint commission, held in the Southern city of Dakhla. The Union of the Comoros, the first country to open a consulate in Laayoune, “welcomed with great satisfaction the just and far-sighted stance adopted by the Kingdom of Spain, recognizing the autonomy plan as the most serious, realistic and credible solution to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara,” the communiqué said, adding that the Comorian government welcomed this “decisive turning point” in the international recognition of the territorial unity and integrity of the Kingdom of Morocco. The convening of this meeting of the joint commission, under the presidency of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Abroad, Nasser Bourita, and his counterpart from the Union of the Comoros, is part of the strengthening of relations of friendship, cooperation and solidarity between the two countries, and reflects the common will of HM King Mohammed VI and the President of the Union of the Comoros, His Excellency Azali Assoumani, to step up bilateral cooperation.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –