Togo’s Foreign Minister Robert Dussey reiterated, Tuesday in Rabat, his country’s support for Morocco’s territorial integrity and affirmed support for the Kingdom’s Autonomy Plan “which is the only credible and realistic solution to the resolution of this dispute.” In a joint statement issued after his talks with Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans abroad, Nasser Bourita, on the sidelines of his participation in the first Ministerial Meeting of Atlantic African States, Dussey hailed the efforts of the United Nations as the “exclusive framework for achieving a realistic, practical and lasting solution to the dispute over the Sahara.” On this occasion, Togo’s top diplomat announced the forthcoming opening of a Consulate General of HIS country in Dakhla. In the same vein, Dussey expressed Togo’s support for the pursuit of a lasting solution that preserves the territorial integrity, unity and sovereignty of the Kingdom of Morocco, under the exclusive aegis of the UN and in compliance with Decision 693 of the Summit of Heads of State and Government of the African Union (AU) in July 2018. For his part, Bourita welcomed the participation of the Republic of Togo, in the person of Mr. Dussey, in the Ministerial Conference in Support of the Autonomy Initiative under the Sovereignty of Morocco, held virtually on January 15, 2021, at the invitation of the Kingdom of Morocco and the United States of America. The Togolese FM stressed that this meeting is very important, noting that the sovereignty of Morocco over the Sahara region is total. The two FMs stressed the necessity of respecting the norms and procedures within the bodies of the AU, reiterating the relevance of Decision 693 which has enshrined the exclusive competence of the United Nations in the management of the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara.
- Morocco Denies Any Contact with ‘Self-proclaimed Republic of Donesk’, Not Recognized by the Kingdom or the UN – Clarification –
- Morocco’s Migration Governance: ‘Humanistic Logic’ Perverted by Criminal Actions of Trafficking Networks – Official
- ‘African Lion 2022’: Surgical Field Hospital Deployed in Taliouine
- African Ambassadors Welcome Morocco’s Migration Policy, Express Readiness to Collaborate with Moroccan Authorities
- Illegal Immigration: Morocco, ‘Strategic Partner’ Fighting against International Mafias – Pedro Sanchez –