The Republic of El Salvador reiterated its support to Morocco’s efforts to reach a realistic, pragmatic and lasting solution to the Sahara issue, within the framework of the Kingdom’s territorial integrity, stressing that the autonomy initiative constitutes an advanced and fundamental step in these efforts. A joint statement at the end of a meeting held last Thursday in Rabat, between Minister of Foreign Affairs of El Salvador, Alexandra Hill, and Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita, said Hill reaffirmed the support of her country “to the efforts made by Morocco to achieve a realistic, pragmatic and sustainable solution to the Sahara issue, within the framework of the territorial integrity of the Kingdom,” in the sense that the autonomy initiative is a “fundamental step” in this direction. The same source said that this meeting, which takes place as part of an official mission of the Salvadoran minister in Africa, was an opportunity for both parties to examine the agenda of bilateral cooperation, adding that the two ministers reviewed the state of diplomatic relations between the two countries, which have been strengthened with the opening and inauguration of a diplomatic and consular representation of El Salvador in Rabat. During these talks, noted the statement, the two ministers agreed to set a date as soon as possible for a second meeting of political consultations between El Salvador and Morocco. This meeting was also an opportunity to shed light on the agenda of bilateral cooperation, through emphasizing the momentum that has enabled progress in a number of initiatives related to the health, water, energy, tourism and crafts sectors, among others, to serve the interests of both countries, concluded the joint statement.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla