The roadmap established between Spain and Morocco last April develops the ”potential of a strategic bilateral relationship”, said the Spanish State Secretary for Foreign and Global Affairs, Angeles Moreno Bau. “With Morocco, we have begun a new stage based on clear principles and a roadmap, which develops the potential of a strategic relationship for both countries,” said Wednesday, Angeles Moreno, before the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Congress of Deputies. This roadmap is already giving “excellent results in all areas,” said the Spanish official, noting that the next milestone of this roadmap will be the holding of the High Level Meeting. Regarding the issue of the Moroccan Sahara, Angeles Moreno stressed that the position of Spain has been reiterated on many occasions by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, José Manuel Albares, and is clearly expressed in the letter sent on March 14, 2022 by president of the Government, Pedro Sanchez, to HM King Mohammed VI. In this letter, Spain “considers the Moroccan autonomy initiative, presented in 2007, as the most serious, realistic and credible basis for the resolution of this dispute.” According to the Spanish State Secretary, “the stability and prosperity of the Maghreb countries are essential for Europe, the Mediterranean and the Sahel”.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –
- Drive to Rebuild, Develop Earthquake-Affected Areas Continues, Says Govt Chief