The State of Qatar has stressed, in New York, that the “constructive” autonomy initiative presented by Morocco is the basis for any realistic and sustainable solution to the regional dispute over the Sahara. Speaking before the members of the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly, the Qatari representative expressed his country’s support for the efforts of the UN Secretary General to achieve a lasting and mutually acceptable political solution within the framework of the process conducted under the auspices of the UN and in respect of the national sovereignty of Morocco. He also welcomed the latest visit to the region of the Personal Envoy of the UN SG for the Sahara, Staffan de Mistura, expressing the hope that a final and lasting solution to this dispute will be achieved in the interest of all parties and in favor of strengthening stability and cooperation in the region, as well as international peace and security.
- Spain ”Very Satisfied” with Positive Bilateral Cooperation Momentum with Morocco – FM –
- Morocco, Spain “Completely Satisfied” with Implementation of Bilateral Roadmap – FM –
- Crises in Mediterranean Require Structural Responses Based on Operational Approach – Morocco’s FM –
- First Regional Meeting for Development of Implementation Plan of Arab Strategy to Fight Terrorism Kicks Off in Rabat
- 35th Steering Committee Meeting of 5+5 Defense Initiative Wraps Up in Rabat