The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rachid Talbi Alami, met, on Friday in Vienna, with the Austrian Federal Minister for European and International Affairs, Alexander Schallenberg. These talks are part of Talbi Alami’s official visit to Austria from December 14 to 17, at the invitation of the President of the Austrian National Council, Wolfgang Sobotka. A statement from the House of Representatives said that this meeting was an opportunity to salute the excellence of bilateral relations between the two countries for 240 years and to discuss the parliamentary, economic and cultural relations between Morocco and Austria, as well as the role of the House of Representatives and the Austrian National Council in strengthening coordination, communication and permanent dialogue. During these talks, Talbi Alami highlighted the Kingdom’s institutional and constitutional developments and the projects launched by the country, as well as the achievements made in the fields of consolidating the rule of law, human rights, immigration, strengthening democratic practices, human development, social protection, renewable energies and digital transformation, under the wise leadership of HM King Mohammed VI. Talbi Alami also outlined developments on the issue of the Kingdom’s territorial integrity and underlined international support for Morocco’s sovereignty over its rapidly developing southern provinces, while dwelling on the high participation rates of the inhabitants of these provinces in the September 2021 elections. These talks also provided an opportunity for the two officials to discuss a number of regional and international issues of common interest, the statement said.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –