Sierra Leone restated, Friday, its firm and constant support for the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Morocco and the Moroccanness of its Sahara, praising the credibility and primacy of the Moroccan autonomy initiative as the only basis for resolving this issue. This position was reiterated in the joint communiqué issued at the end of the 3rd session of the Joint Commission of Cooperation between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Republic of Sierra Leone, held in Dakhla under the chairmanship of Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita and the Sierra Leonean Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, David J. Francis. According to the communiqué, Sierra Leone also reiterates its full support for the role played by the United Nations as an exclusive and consensual framework to achieve a lasting solution to this regional conflict, and the African Union Decision 693, adopted by the 31st Summit held in July 2018, officially supporting the UN process in this regard. Also, Sierra Leone welcomes the dynamics of international recognition of the territorial unity and integrity of the Kingdom of Morocco, to which it has voluntarily adhered by the opening of a Consulate General in Dakhla in August 2021.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid