Speaker of the House of Representatives Rachid Talbi El Alami met, on Monday in Rabat, with the member of the National Council of the Austrian Parliament, Harald Troch, on a working visit to Morocco. During this meeting, the two parties welcomed the relations that have continued to grow closer between the two legislative institutions, thanks to the memorandum of understanding, the exchange of visits, the support for the efforts of the friendship groups in the two bodies. They also welcomed the strengthening of parliamentary and administrative relations and the reinforcement of dialogue, consultation and coordination on issues of common interest, according to a statement from the House of Representatives. The two sides also underlined their mutual respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of both countries, as well as the centrality of the UN process to resolve conflicts by peaceful means. On this occasion, Troch expressed his convictions and his constant support to the autonomy plan proposed by Morocco to resolve the conflict over the Moroccan Sahara as a serious and credible solution, in accordance with the principles and resolutions of the United Nations. For his part, Talbi El Alami thanked the member of the National Council of the Austrian Parliament for his visit to Morocco and his support for the autonomy plan. The Speaker of the House of Representatives took this opportunity to review the history of Morocco and the efforts made to complete its territorial integrity. He also reviewed the main projects and achievements in the Southern Provinces under the wise leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, the statement added.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid