The Dominican Republic reiterated, in New York, its support for Morocco’s efforts to reach a credible and acceptable political solution to the regional dispute over the Sahara, stressing that the Autonomy initiative is the basis for this settlement. Speaking at the United Nations Committee of 24 (C-24) Annual meeting, the representative of the Dominican Republic emphasized the “crucial role” of the UN Secretary-General in this process aimed at finding a just and peaceful solution to this conflict, through promoting dialogue and negotiations between the parties. She also praised the work of the UNSG Personal Envoy to the Sahara, Staffan de Mistura, to facilitate the relaunch of the political process under the auspices of the Secretary-General, including his visits to Rabat, in the Tindouf camps, in Algiers and Nouakchott, in 2022, as well as the informal consultations he held with Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania and the “polisario” last March in New York. The diplomat also urged all stakeholders to continue to work in a constructive manner, maintaining the spirit of compromise that must prevail in this process, stressing that a realistic, viable, lasting and mutually acceptable solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue is possible, in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –