Morocco and Brunei Darussalam share the same vision on international issues of common interest, the two countries’ foreign ministers said in Rabat on Monday. Speaking at a press conference following talks with Brunei Darussalam’s Second Foreign Minister, Dato Erywan Pehin Yusof, who is on a working visit to Morocco, Nasser Bourita, Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, welcomed Brunei Darussalam’s support for Morocco’s partnership with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). “Brunei Darussalam has always strongly supported the strengthening of Morocco’s relations with ASEAN,” he added. Turning to regional issues, particularly the Palestinian issue, Mr. Bourita affirmed that the two countries share the same approach and vision, adding that Morocco, through HM King Mohammed VI’s chairmanship of the Al-Quds Committee, has “a responsibility” on this issue and “a role to play” in protecting “the religious and Arab identity of this city.” For his part, Yusof, on behalf of Brunei Darussalam, welcomed Morocco’s interest in becoming an ASEAN Sectoral Dialogue Partner and its “continued commitment” to the Association, particularly through diplomatic internships offered to diplomats from Brunei Darussalam and other ASEAN countries. He added that Morocco and Brunei Darussalam share the same position on the resolution of the Palestinian issue. This important working visit to Morocco by Brunei Darussalam’s second foreign minister is the first of its kind for the country.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –