Tarascon Court’s ruling to condemn the Confédération Paysanne, a French trade union organization involved in the legal harassment of the Moroccan-EU agricultural agreement, “is a recognition of the wisdom of the public policies implemented in the southern provinces of the Kingdom,” said economist Abderrazak El Hiri. “Such a decision testifies to Morocco’s credibility as a reliable partner of the European Union, confirms its geopolitical weight and confirms the soundness of its economic and social choices,” the professor and researcher at the Faculty of Legal, Economic and Social Sciences (FSJES) in Fez told MAP. El Hiri, who is also the director of the Laboratoire de Coordination des Études et des Recherches en Analyses et Prévisions économiques (CERAPE), returned to the report published by the European Union in 2022, stressing that the Morocco-EU Agricultural Agreement, which entered into force on July 19, 2019, fully benefits the population of the Kingdom’s southern provinces. “It is an agreement that is not only a framework for the development of agricultural trade between the two parties, but also and above all a factor in the promotion of income and job-generating activities, a framework of attractiveness for investment and therefore an impetus for economic growth in these provinces,” he noted. Last Tuesday, the Court of Tarascon ruled against the Confédération Paysanne, which had sought to prohibit IDYL, a French company specializing in the marketing of fruit and vegetables from Morocco, including the southern provinces, from distributing its products. This latest French judicial rejection comes just a few weeks after the one issued by the High Court in London against Polisario supporters in the United Kingdom.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –