MEP Tomáš Zdechovský on Monday welcomed Israel’s “important and historic” decision to recognize Moroccan sovereignty over the Sahara. After the United States and the main EU countries, it is an important and historic decision by Israel to recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over the Sahara,” the MEP from the European People’s Party (EPP) group in the European Parliament reacted in a tweet. According to him, this decision “will help speed up the resolution of this conflict for the construction of a peaceful region”. A statement by the Royal Office announced on Monday that His Majesty King Mohammed VI had received a letter from the Prime Minister of the State of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, in which he brought to the Sovereign’s Very High attention his country’s decision to recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over its Sahara. In this regard, the Israeli Prime Minister stated that his country’s position “will be reflected in all relevant acts and documents of the Israeli government.” He also emphasized that the decision “will be communicated to the United Nations, to regional and international organizations of which Israel is a member, and to all countries with which Israel maintains diplomatic relations. In his letter to the Sovereign, the Israeli Prime Minister informed him that Israel is positively considering “the opening of a consulate in the city of Dakhla” as part of the implementation of this State decision.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –