The decision by the State of Israel to recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over its Sahara is an achievement that adds to the victories achieved by Morocco thanks to the wisdom and farsightedness of HM King Mohammed VI, stressed Hamdi Ould Errachid, President of the Laâyoune-Sakia El Hamra Regional Council, on Monday. This recognition, strong in its legal character and its conditions, is a great achievement of Moroccan diplomacy, said Ould Errachid in a statement to the press. “The people of the southern provinces welcome all the steps taken by the sovereign, which have led to major achievements that benefit all Moroccans,” he added. A statement issued by the Royal Office announced earlier in the day that His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God be his witness, had received a letter from the Prime Minister of the State of Israel, His Excellency Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, in which the Israeli Head of Government brought to the attention of His Majesty the King the State of Israel’s decision to “recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over the territory of Western Sahara.” In this regard, the Israeli Prime Minister stated that his country’s position “will be reflected in all relevant acts and documents of the Israeli Government.” He also emphasized that the decision “will be communicated to the United Nations, to regional and international organizations of which Israel is a member, and to all countries with which Israel maintains diplomatic relations.” In his letter to the Sovereign, the Israeli Prime Minister informed him that Israel is positively considering “the opening of a consulate in the city of Dakhla” as part of the implementation of this State decision.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –