The Republic of Benin commended, on Tuesday, the constant efforts made by the Kingdom of Morocco, under the wise and enlightened leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, to promote peace and development in Africa. In a joint statement issued following talks between the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita, and his Beninese peer, the two parties hailed “the constant efforts made by Morocco, under the wise and enlightened leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, and by the Republic of Benin, under the leadership of H.E. President Patrice Talon, in favor of peace and development on the African continent.” In this context, Bakari praised the pioneering role played by His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God assist Him, in the political, economic, security and religious fields. Regarding regional and international issues of common interest, the two ministers noted with satisfaction their convergence of views on the various questions raised, reiterating their determination to participate in the settlement of disputes in Africa. They also welcomed the momentum generated by the Atlantic African States Initiative, which aims to make the Atlantic African space a geostrategic framework for pragmatic and timely intra-African cooperation and consultation. The two parties also agreed to support, in a concerted and mutual manner, the Moroccan and Beninese candidacies at the level of regional and international bodies, said the joint statement.
- Morocco Earthquake: First Instalment of Financial Aid to Affected Families to Be Paid on October 6-16
- HM King Mohammed VI Receives Several Foreign Ambassadors
- Al Haouz Earthquake: On High Instructions of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, FAR Deploy Two Additional Field Medical-Surgical Hospitals
- Morocco’s Upper House Speaker to Take Part in European Conference of Presidents of Parliament
- Head of Government Holds Meeting As Part of Implementing Royal Letter on Family Code Revision