The Government Council, convened on Thursday in Rabat, examined the cooperation agreement in the field of civil protection between Morocco and Portugal, signed in Lisbon on May 12, 2023. Also discussed was Bill 40.23 approving the aforementioned agreement. Both documents were presented by Interior Minister Abdelouafi Laftit, on behalf of Nasser Bourita, Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation, and Moroccan Expatriates, as conveyed by Government Spokesperson Mustapha Baitas. The agreement aims to protect individuals and property against severe accidents and disasters of natural or technological origin. It outlines the type of reciprocal assistance available in such situations, clarified Baitas. He further noted that when requesting aid, the competent authorities should agree on the nature and extent of the assistance to be provided. According to the spokesperson, this agreement reflects the commitment of both countries to strengthen their ties and develop fruitful cooperation in this field, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force in both states.
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –
- Spanish PM’s Visit to Morocco, New Illustration of Mutual Trust – Cameroonian Expert –