Spanish lawyer and jurist Javier Melero has stressed that the “immature” attitude of the government of Madrid to host the man named Brahim Ghali, leader of the separatist militias of the Polisario, endanger relations with Morocco. With its “immature” gesture, the government of Pedro Sanchez “endangered relations with a neighbor, to which he has entrusted the management of the migratory flows from all over Africa”, affirmed Melero in an article published by Spanish newspaper “La Vanguardia”, criticizing the position of Spain which undermines the interests of a friendly and neighboring country. “What is happening is that in this case (and in others), Spain does not exercise a sensible diplomacy, but is driven by the impulses of a somewhat amateur idealism”, said the Spanish lawyer. He deemed that the management of this crisis has shown that the Spanish government “has not opted for realism (…) as the basis of its actions”, adding that Madrid cannot ignore the role that Morocco is currently playing on the international scene. The Spanish lawyer emphasized the vital importance of preserving good neighborly relations with Morocco for the interests of Spain. “You don’t have to be a Kissinger to understand that nothing is more important for Spain at the present time than having good relations with its neighbor in the south,” noted Melero. Morocco has become a strategic ally of the United States and one of the leading players in international diplomacy, he added.
- Tan-Tan: Police Dismantle Illegal Immigration, Human Trafficking Criminal Network
- Government, Education Unions Agreement, ‘Important’ Step Towards New Perspectives of Social Dialogue – Govt. Head –
- Upper House Speaker Praises Level of Cooperation between Morocco, Egypt
- Morocco, ‘Strategic Country’ for Spain – Government –
- Magnitude-4.7 Quake Recorded Off Laayoune Province