Djibouti affirmed before the United Nations C-24 that the Moroccan autonomy initiative is “an excellent basis for discussion to reach a negotiated solution” to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara. Speaking before the Committee, the representative of Djibouti at this meeting also “lauded and praised” the “serious and credible” efforts made by Morocco within the framework of the autonomy initiative. “This initiative, which is in accordance with the principles of international law, the United Nations Charter as well as the relevant resolutions of the Security Council and the UN General Assembly, constitutes an excellent basis for discussion to reach a negotiated solution to this dispute”, underlined the Djiboutian diplomat. He also recalled that since February 2020, the Republic of Djibouti, as part of strengthening relations of friendship and cooperation with the Kingdom, has established an operational Consulate General in Dakhla. “Our delegation remains convinced that this will to pursue a dynamic of partnership in all areas, which marks our bilateral relations with the brotherly Kingdom of Morocco, will be strengthened”, added the Djiboutian diplomat. In addition, the representative of Djibouti paid tribute to “Morocco’s efforts for having launched very early its anti-Covid 19 vaccination campaign throughout its territory, including and more particularly in the Sahara”.
- FM Holds Talks with his Malian Counterpart
- Govt. Council: Adoption of Draft Decree on Composition of National Commission for Implementation of Security Council Sanctions on Terrorism, Weapons Proliferation
- Government Majority is Homogeneous – Akhannouch –
- First 100 Days of Government Show Clear Signs of Respect for Commitments – Akhannouch –
- Tindouf Camps: International Alliance for Defense of Human Rights and Freedoms Condemns Military Recruitment of Children