Morocco has confirmed 690 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, while 530 Covid-19 patients have recovered, the ministry of Health said Tuesday. The number of people vaccinated to date (1st dose) has reached 9,986,882 while 9,074,224 people have been fully vaccinated (1st and second dose), the ministry pointed out in its daily COVID-19 bulletin. The total number of COVID-19 cases reported since the start of the outbreak of the virus rises to 530,585 while the number of recoveries increases to 517,059 which corresponds to a recovery rate of 97.5%. The total number of coronavirus-related deaths rises to 9,292, with nine new cases recorded in the past day in the regions of Casablanca-Settat (4), Souss-Massa (3), Laayoune-Sakia El Hamra (1) and Fez-Meknes (1), the ministry said, noting that the fatality rate reaches 1.8%. The new COVID-19 cases were reported in the regions of Casablanca-Settat (379), Marrakech-Safi (76), Rabat-Salé-Kenitra (62), Souss-Massa (41), Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima (36), Laayoune-Sakia El Hamra (33), Fez-Meknes (17), Guelmim-Oued Noun (17), Dakhla-Oued Eddahab (13), Daraa-Tafilalet (10), the Oriental (5) and Beni Mellal-Khenifra (1). The number of active cases has reached 4,234 including 230 in a critical or severe condition, the ministry added.
- Arab League Council Holds Extraordinary Meeting on Terror Attacks against Abu Dhabi
- U.S. NGO Slams Recruitment, Use of Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- Canadian Think Tank Addresses UN over Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- FM Holds Talks with his Malian Counterpart
- Govt. Council: Adoption of Draft Decree on Composition of National Commission for Implementation of Security Council Sanctions on Terrorism, Weapons Proliferation