The United States will continue to work with Morocco and Israel to create “a more peaceful, secure, and prosperous future for all the people of the Middle East”, said US Secretary of State Antony Blinken. “The United States will continue to work with Israel and Morocco to strengthen all aspects of our partnerships and create a more peaceful, secure, and prosperous future for all the people of the Middle East,” Blinken pointed out in a statement issued on the occasion of the visit by Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid to the Kingdom of Morocco. The US top diplomat, who welcomed this visit, underlined that “Lapid’s trip — the first to Morocco by an Israeli Foreign Minister since the agreement to establish full diplomatic relations between the State of Israel and the Kingdom of Morocco was announced — and the reopening of the Israeli Liaison Office in Rabat are significant for Israel, Morocco, and the broader region.” Morocco and Israel signed, Wednesday in Rabat, three cooperation agreements on the occasion of the visit to the Kingdom of the Israeli FM. Inked by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Abroad, Nasser Bourita, and his Israeli counterpart, these agreements relate to the areas of politics, culture, youth and sports as well as air services. Speaking at a press briefing following talks with his Israeli counterpart, Bourita stressed that the resumption of relations with Israel “reflects the will of HM King Mohammed VI to reactivate the mechanisms of cooperation between the two countries and to relaunch regular contacts, within the framework of healthy and friendly diplomatic ties.” The resumption of relations with Israel expresses a will and a conviction, expressed by the Sovereign, who personally chaired last December the signing of the tripartite agreement (Morocco-Israel-US), which laid the foundations of this bilateral relationship that we are building, he said.
- Morocco’s Plea Before ICJ Reflects Kingdom’s Continued Position on Palestinian Cause – Advisor to Palestinian President –
- Morocco’s Plea before ICJ ‘Rehabilitates’ Arab Action in Favor of Palestine – Academic
- Morocco’s Plea to ICJ Enshrines its Honorable Stances Towards Palestinian Cause – Palestinian Expert –
- Morocco-Spain, ‘Model of Reference’ in Terms of North-South Cooperation – Moratinos –
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause