Bank credit in the non-financial sector increased, year-on-year, by 3% last July after 4.1% a month earlier, said Bank Al-Maghrib (BAM-central bank). This development reflects increases in loans to households of 5.6% and those of private companies of 2.6%, said the BAM in its key indicators of monetary statistics for July 2021. By economic object, the evolution of credit for the non-financial sector covers increases of 8.6% in liquidity facilities, 3.6% in mortgage loans and 1.1% in consumer loans as well as a decrease in equipment loans of 4.1%, the same source said. With regard to outstanding debts, their annual growth rate decelerated from 9.2% in June to 8.2% in July 2021, reflecting the slowdown in the growth of those of private companies to 8.1% and the stagnation of those of households at 8.6%.
- Tan-Tan: Police Dismantle Illegal Immigration, Human Trafficking Criminal Network
- Government, Education Unions Agreement, ‘Important’ Step Towards New Perspectives of Social Dialogue – Govt. Head –
- Upper House Speaker Praises Level of Cooperation between Morocco, Egypt
- Morocco, ‘Strategic Country’ for Spain – Government –
- Magnitude-4.7 Quake Recorded Off Laayoune Province