The market penetration of smuggled cigarettes in 2021 amounted to 1.91% nationwide compared to 1.37% in 2020 and 5.23% in 2019, according to the Administration of Customs and Indirect Taxes (ADII). These figures were announced during a meeting held by the National Committee to Combat Cigarette Smuggling, on Thursday to present the results of the 8th study on the prevalence of smuggled cigarettes in 2021, the ADII said in a statement. During this meeting, participants discussed the increase in cigarette smuggling and the joint strategy to be developed to prevent it, as well as its negative impact on consumer’s health, the statement noted.
- Arab League Council Holds Extraordinary Meeting on Terror Attacks against Abu Dhabi
- U.S. NGO Slams Recruitment, Use of Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- Canadian Think Tank Addresses UN over Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- FM Holds Talks with his Malian Counterpart
- Govt. Council: Adoption of Draft Decree on Composition of National Commission for Implementation of Security Council Sanctions on Terrorism, Weapons Proliferation