The market penetration of smuggled cigarettes in 2021 amounted to 1.91% nationwide compared to 1.37% in 2020 and 5.23% in 2019, according to the Administration of Customs and Indirect Taxes (ADII). These figures were announced during a meeting held by the National Committee to Combat Cigarette Smuggling, on Thursday to present the results of the 8th study on the prevalence of smuggled cigarettes in 2021, the ADII said in a statement. During this meeting, participants discussed the increase in cigarette smuggling and the joint strategy to be developed to prevent it, as well as its negative impact on consumer’s health, the statement noted.
- Lower House Speaker Meets with Dep. Speaker of Uruguayan Senate
- Moroccan Diplomat Considers Morocco-Djibouti Relations’ Future Prospects as ‘Promising’
- London Administrative Court Rejects Petition against Morocco-UK Association Agreement
- Nigerian President Receives Economic Inclusion Minister, Bearer of Message from HM the King
- Upper House to Hold 3 Plenary Sessions to Vote on 2023 Finance Bill