Twenty people were killed and 2,053 others were injured, including 88 seriously, in 1,537 road accidents that took place in urban areas on September 13-19, National Police (DGSN) said. These accidents were mainly ascribed to non-respect of priority, excessive speeding, non-control of vehicles and pedestrian and driver errors, the source pointed out in a statement on Tuesday. A total of 39,996 traffic tickets were issued by the police during the same week. The sum of fines paid by road traffic violators stood at around 7,131,650 dirhams, the same source said.
- Statement by the Royal Office
- Govt. Majority Discuss Political, Economic, Social Situation
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts