The Director General of the Moroccan Agency for Nuclear and Radiological Safety and Security (AMSSNuR), Dr. Khammar Mrabit, stressed Wednesday “the importance and urgency of having a safe and secure nuclear application in Africa”. Mrabit, who is also the chairman of the Forum of Nuclear Regulatory Bodies in Africa (FNRBA), made the statement via video conference during the general debate of intergovernmental organizations held on the sidelines of the 65th General Conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna. He said in this context that the FNRBA attaches great importance to the integration of youth and women in the field of nuclear safety and security, noting that the African Member States of the IAEA can achieve excellent results by joining their respective efforts with the same level of commitment and dedication. “For this, they require strong cooperation between the IAEA, the Forum of Nuclear Regulatory Bodies in Africa, the African Nuclear Energy Commission (AFCONE) and the African Regional Cooperative Agreement for Research, Development and Training related to Nuclear Science and Technology (AFRA),” Mrabit said as quoted in an AMSSNuR statement. “The transformation of the continent is in our hands. We must all be aware of the importance, urgency and determination to have a safe and secure nuclear application in Africa,” he said.
- AU Made a Mistake by Admitting Non-State Entity ‘Polisario’ – Former Congolese PM –
- Serbian Expert Stresses Importance of Call to Expel So-called ‘sadr’ from AU
- African Experts Underline Need to Expel So-called ‘Sadr’ from AU
- Eminent African Personalities Underline ‘Illicit, Anachronistic and Unjustified’ Character of Presence of Sadr within AU – Seminar –
- Moroccan Sahara: Cameroon Calls for ‘Consensual, Final’ Solution