The Union of Comoros expressed its support to the efforts undertaken by Morocco to reach a lasting solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue. “In the perspective of a lasting settlement of the Moroccan Sahara issue, which is of great concern to my government, I would like to express here our encouragement to the efforts undertaken by the Kingdom of Morocco,” said Comorian president Azali Assoumani during the high-level segment of the 76th United Nations General Assembly in New York. He expressed the hope that these efforts will lead to the solution “that will allow this brotherly country to recover its territorial integrity”. The president of the Union of Comoros also stressed that his government welcomes “any initiative that will contribute to ensuring peace in this region and strongly encourages dialogue between our two brotherly countries, the Kingdom of Morocco and the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria”.
- HM the King Addresses Message to Participants at International Symposium to Mark 75th Anniversary of Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- French Outlet Calls HM the King’s Visit to UAE ‘Powerful Symbol of Unity, Solidarity’
- Morocco Set to Continue Action to Adapt UN Peacekeeping Frameworks – Hilale
- Morocco-UAE: A Future-Oriented Multidimensional Partnership – Tunisian Expert
- Morocco, UAE Lay Foundations for ‘Transcendent Strategic Partnership’ – Argentine Press Agency –