The profound changes in the southern provinces of Morocco, particularly at the social and economic level, were highlighted, Thursday in New York, before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly. In this regard, Mr. Godwin Ichimi, researcher at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, stressed that these provinces are now experiencing a remarkable transformation thanks to multisectoral development and investment programs, noting that the region has one of the highest development indicators in the Kingdom, particularly in terms of health, education and infrastructure. Morocco “must be commended” for the efforts it has made in this part of its national territory in order to strengthen the dynamics of reform and development through structuring and large-scale projects, he pointed out. Mr. Ichimi also warned against the “existential” threats that threaten the region and also undermine international peace and security, in particular the scourges of terrorism and violent extremism, adding that the international community must abandon its “passive attitude” to settle the conflict that persists in the region. He called, in this regard, for a final solution to this regional dispute on the basis of the Moroccan autonomy initiative. “The autonomy plan presented by the Kingdom represents a roadmap towards a peaceful settlement of the Moroccan Sahara issue,” he insisted. The speaker also highlighted Morocco’s contributions to the development dynamics and unity of Africa, as well as its role in the preservation of international peace and security.
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –