Mexico reaffirmed, Tuesday in New York, its support for a just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue. “Mexico reiterates its support for the negotiation process to find a just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution to the Sahara issue”, stressed the Mexican representative before the members of the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly. He expressed confidence that the work of the new personal envoy of the UN Secretary General for the Moroccan Sahara, Staffan De Mistura, will help build confidence between the parties, with the objective of “finding a solution accepted by all”. He also stressed the importance of MINURSO in the respect of the cease-fire. For his part, the representative of Ecuador said that the issue of the Moroccan Sahara requires a political and mutually acceptable solution, in accordance with the principles of the UN Charter and Security Council Resolution 2414.
- Morocco’s Plea Before ICJ Reflects Kingdom’s Continued Position on Palestinian Cause – Advisor to Palestinian President –
- Morocco’s Plea before ICJ ‘Rehabilitates’ Arab Action in Favor of Palestine – Academic
- Morocco’s Plea to ICJ Enshrines its Honorable Stances Towards Palestinian Cause – Palestinian Expert –
- Morocco-Spain, ‘Model of Reference’ in Terms of North-South Cooperation – Moratinos –
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause