Mexico reaffirmed, Tuesday in New York, its support for a just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue. “Mexico reiterates its support for the negotiation process to find a just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution to the Sahara issue”, stressed the Mexican representative before the members of the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly. He expressed confidence that the work of the new personal envoy of the UN Secretary General for the Moroccan Sahara, Staffan De Mistura, will help build confidence between the parties, with the objective of “finding a solution accepted by all”. He also stressed the importance of MINURSO in the respect of the cease-fire. For his part, the representative of Ecuador said that the issue of the Moroccan Sahara requires a political and mutually acceptable solution, in accordance with the principles of the UN Charter and Security Council Resolution 2414.
- FM Holds Talks with his Malian Counterpart
- Govt. Council: Adoption of Draft Decree on Composition of National Commission for Implementation of Security Council Sanctions on Terrorism, Weapons Proliferation
- Government Majority is Homogeneous – Akhannouch –
- First 100 Days of Government Show Clear Signs of Respect for Commitments – Akhannouch –
- Tindouf Camps: International Alliance for Defense of Human Rights and Freedoms Condemns Military Recruitment of Children