The Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) reiterated Tuesday in New York, its “firm” support for the efforts of the UN Secretary-General to achieve a just, lasting, and mutually acceptable political solution to the question of the Moroccan Sahara. “We will continue to strongly support the efforts of the UN Secretary-General and Personal Envoy for the Sahara to achieve a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution,” the Mexican Representative to the UN stressed before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly, on behalf of CELAC. CELAC is convinced that multilateral efforts to promote “substantive” and “more intensive” negotiations between the parties will continue under the auspices of the UN SG and Personal envoy for the Moroccan Sahara, Staffan de Mistura, to find a definitive solution to a conflict that has lasted too long.
- Moratinos Calls for Political Will to Serve Mediterranean Region
- Upper House Speaker Meets with AU Administrative Tribunal Chairman
- Relations between Andalusia, Morocco, ‘Reference’ in Cooperation and Good Neighborliness – Official –
- Mali: President of Transition Receives Chakib Benmoussa, Carrying Message from HM the King
- Upper House Delegation Participates in OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Autumn Session in Warsaw