Bolivia and Liechtenstein called in New York for a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue. Speaking before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly, the representative of Bolivia stressed that his country hopes that with the participation of “all parties concerned, a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution can be achieved” to this issue. He also welcomed the appointment of the new personal envoy of the UN Secretary General for the Moroccan Sahara, Staffan de Mistura. The Bolivian diplomat also called on the parties to respect the ceasefire and to resume, “in good faith” the political process led under the aegis of the UN Secretary General. For his part, the representative of Liechtenstein expressed the wish to see Mr. de Mistura lead a “successful” effort in order to reach a just and lasting political solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue, in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the Security Council and the United Nations Charter.
- Morocco-Israel: Ambassadors of the Two Countries in Mexico City Welcome Progress Made Since Resumption of Relations
- Moroccan Sahara: UN Chief Underlines Need for Dialogue between All Parties, Particularly Algeria – Italian Politician –
- Moroccan Sahara: All UN Security Council Resolutions Confirm Algeria’s ‘Direct Involvement’ – Spanish Political Analyst –
- Moroccan Sahara: Algeria is Obstructing, its Responsibility is Total – Expert –
- HM the King’s Ambassador to Guinea Presents Figurative Copies of his Credentials to Guinean FM