Bolivia and Liechtenstein called in New York for a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue. Speaking before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly, the representative of Bolivia stressed that his country hopes that with the participation of “all parties concerned, a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution can be achieved” to this issue. He also welcomed the appointment of the new personal envoy of the UN Secretary General for the Moroccan Sahara, Staffan de Mistura. The Bolivian diplomat also called on the parties to respect the ceasefire and to resume, “in good faith” the political process led under the aegis of the UN Secretary General. For his part, the representative of Liechtenstein expressed the wish to see Mr. de Mistura lead a “successful” effort in order to reach a just and lasting political solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue, in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the Security Council and the United Nations Charter.
- Morocco Re-Elected to IMO Council for 2024-2025
- Morocco-UAE: Strategic, Strong & Multidimensional Partnership
- COP28, Morocco’s Participation Sends Strong Message for Integrated Management of Pollutants – Minister –
- HM the King to Pay Official Visit to UAE as of Monday
- Morocco Elected to Host 93rd General Assembly of International Criminal Police Organization, Interpol