The Moroccan autonomy plan “promotes realism and compromise for a lasting solution to the Sahara issue,” said Wednesday in New York, the Ambassador, Deputy Permanent Representative of Sierra Leone to the UN. “Sierra Leone reiterates its support for the Moroccan autonomy initiative since it promotes realism and compromise for a lasting solution to the Sahara issue,” she stressed before the members of the 4th committee of the UN General Assembly. The diplomat reaffirmed her country’s support for the political process conducted under the “exclusive” aegis of the UN Secretary-General aimed at achieving a “lasting and mutually acceptable solution to this regional dispute”. She also welcomed the appointment of Staffan de Mistura as the UN SG’s personal envoy for the Moroccan Sahara, encouraging him to capitalize on this “very important” momentum. Sierra Leone welcomes, in this regard, the holding of the two previous round tables by the parties concerned namely Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania and the Polisario, she said, adding that her country “is impatiently awaiting” a third round table with the resumption of the political process. In addition, the representative of Sierra Leone commended Morocco’s efforts to meet the development and health needs of the populations of the Moroccan Sahara, in particular through access to Covid-19 vaccines.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla