A high-level meeting of the Heads of Counter-Terrorism and Security Agencies of North African and Sahel countries began its work Thursday in Marrakech, under the auspices of the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism. This two-day high-level meeting, themed “Capacity Building and Training for West African States”, is attended by 23 countries in the region. It is a boon for the Heads of Security Agencies in the region, in that it provides them with an opportunity to discuss and exchange views on their assessment of the state of the threat in the Sahel region and its extension to the Gulf of Guinea. This event will also serve as a platform for high-level participants to discuss strategies and approaches to strengthen regional cooperation on counter-terrorism issues, terrorist threat assessment, and capacity building needs for long-term resilience.
- Morocco Chose Action, Openness and Ambition to Ensure its Development, Minister Says
- Morocco’s Ambassador Wassane Zailachi Hands Credentials to Governor General of New Zealand
- Lower House Speaker Participates in First Conference of NAM Parliamentary Network in Azerbaijan
- Africa Development Must Rely on Public, Private Funding Conjunction – Moroccan Official
- Parlasur President: ‘We Highly Appreciate HM the king’s Efforts for Rapprochement Between Africa and Latin America’